- 1/2 cup All But Gluten white loaf, toasted and broken down to a crumb consistency
- 2 1/2 cups smooth mashed potatoes
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1.5 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon onion flakes
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 cups brussel sprout leaves, slightly wilted in warm water
- Garnish: raw pumpkin seeds, chopped pecans
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil on high heat. Whilst waiting for the water to reach a boil make potato dumplings:
- 2. Combine flour and baking powder. Sift together into a medium bowl until well combined.
- 3, Add breadcrumbs, mashed potato, egg yolks and egg white, onion flakes, salt and pepper.
- 4. Once the mixture is well mixed, roll dumpling dough into balls the size of brussel sprouts and place in boiling water. The dumplings are ready to be removed rom the water after 6-8 minutes or when they rise to the top.
- 5. Let them cool slightly.
- 6. When dumplings are still warm and the surface of the dumpling is still moist to the touch, adhere brussel sprout leaves onto the dumplings by pressing firmly and leaving leaf covered dumplings on serving tray to set.