- 3 Jalapeños
- 8 Slices All But Gluten White Bread
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Oz. cream cheese
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1. Turn the broiler on the oven to high.
- 2. Place the jalapeños under the broiler and cook for 4-5 minutes per side (or until the skin begins to bubble on all sides).
- 3. In the meantime, butter each slice of All But Gluten white bread.
- 4. Flip the bread over and spread the cream cheese on the other side.
- 5. Sprinkle each slice with cheddar cheese.
- 6. Once the jalapeños are roasted, remove them from the oven and place in a plastic bag.
- 7. Close and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- 8. Remove the jalapeños from the bag and peel the skin from the peppers.
- 9. Slice the stem off each jalapeño, then slice and de-seed each pepper.
- 10. Place the sliced jalapeños on half of the slices of bread on top of the cheddar cheese.
- 11. Close the sandwich and place on a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- 12. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- To Make Into "Football Sandwiches":
- Use a football cookie cutter to cut the sandwich.
- Use a knife to cut around the cookie cutter and remove the crusts.
- Use a squeeze bottle filled with blue cheese or ranch dressing to make your “football laces” on the sandwich.