- 1 packet (6) ABG Blueberry Muffins
- 8-10 ABG Macaroons
- 5 red medium sized apples, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 1/2 cup (350g) fresh blueberries
- 2 cups (500g) GF shortcrust pastry *optional
- 1 1/2 cups (370g) gluten free custard, prepared
- 1/4 cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (57g) butter, room temperature
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 12 deep baking dish.
- 2 *Optional Roll out GF shortcrust pastry and lay pastry sheet in the bottom of baking tray. Remove any excess pastry from edges so only the base of the baking dish is covered.
- 3 Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Leave at room temperature to cool.
- 4 In a medium sized saucepan place add 1 tsp of sugar 1 tsp of butter, lemon juice and diced apples. Stew on a medium heat for 10 minutes or until apples are soft throughout. Leave to cool at room temperature.
- 5 Crumble into a medium bowl blueberry muffins and macaroons. Add remaining sugar and butter and continue to crumble until well combined. Set aside.
- 6 In a large bowl, combine apples, blueberries and custard.
- 7 Lay custard mixture evenly in the base of baking dish. Top with Crumble mixture.
- 8 Bake for 25 minutes or until crumble topping is golden brown. Leave to cool at room temperature till custard filling has set.
- 9 Slice and serve.