- 6 All But Gluten Chocolate Snack Cakes
- 1 cup Gluten Free Dark Ale, Porter or Stout
- 1 cup white icing sugar
- 6 plums, seeded and quartered
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways and vanilla seeds exposed and scraped from bean
- To make syrup:
- Pour GF Dark Ale and 1/2 cup of sugar into saucepan and gently bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and stir constantly till the sauce thickens to a syrup(approximately 20 minutes) or clings to the back of a spoon. Let it cool slightly.
- Meanwhile make poached plums:
- Place quartere plums in a medium saucepan and fill saucepan with just enough water to cover.
- Add 1/2 cup of icing sugar, cinnamon stick and vanilla bean and seeds.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the flesh of the plums are soft.
- Remove from heat. Let plums cool slightly. Discard vanilla, cinnamon water.
- Pour warm syrup over snack cakes and serve with poached plums.